I am the author of the book:
* * *
“You can connect the dots of your life looking backwards.” -Steve Jobs
The Universe conspired and purposely gave me painful experiences for the evolution of my soul. I finally made “lemonade” out of the “lemons” of the first 49 years of my life (I’m 53 now).
I swept negative memories under the rug. I wore the mask of perfection. I suffered silently with emptiness and self-pity, hoping that money, status, stuff and keeping up with the Joneses would bring joy and fulfillment. It didn’t. My buried negative memories exploded into a one year battle with depression in my early 40’s.
My life has come full circle. My old “mess” has become my message. The wounds of my life were the greatest gifts I have ever been given.
Significant Life Events:
- I had a very unhappy childhood at home and at school. Felt lonely, depressed, rejected, ashamed and unworthy. The details are in my book How to Permanently Erase Negative Self-Talk So You Can Be Extraordinary.
- In 1992, my husband Rick suffered a heart attack at 38-years-old (I was 29 years old and 5 months pregnant).
- I took care of a sick man at the same time as raising a baby with pressures of a career. I feared widowhood and I feared for my son’s loss of a father.
- Rick had 2 angioplasties and a quadruple bypass surgery over the course of 15 years. Now, he’s much better. Hopefully, my worst fears will never come true.
- I had a battle with depression/anxiety/PTSD in my early 40′s. Imagine not sleeping for a year… addicted to sleeping pills that didn’t work. With the help of my doctor, I realized I was reliving traumas from my childhood through the situation that precipitated my depression.
- Lesson: Negative memories “swept under the rug” will eventually come back to bite us – especially in our 40’s, 50’s – oftentimes in the form of emotional issues and/or health and weight problems.
- In 2011, at age 49, I was laid off from a 27 year career with Pfizer, 2 years shy of a large retirement benefit, with 3 years left of my son’s gigantic Tuft’s tuition bill – $180K – ouch! – with no financial aid.
So I get it when you’re stuck and feel like nothing is going right. I’ve made “lemonade” out of my “lemons” and so can you.
If you unburden and make peace with the past like I did, you can live happy and fulfilled NOW on the journey to living to your potential.
My pharmaceutical experience (including spending 10 of those years marketing psychiatric medications) and my nutrition expertise means that I understand the healthcare landscape. Being a holistic Nutritionist that was marketing pharmaceuticals gives me a unique perspective and a 360 degree understanding of what it really takes to holistically achieve optimal emotional, physical and spiritual health.
I initially launched my business in 2012 as a Nutritionist since that was my expertise. After a few months, I got sick and tired of watching some of my clients sabotage themselves back to their old weight after they finished coaching with me. They really needed to address the REAL problem . . . which is low self-image from old emotional burdens.
If you lose weight through “pushing” yourself and the new fit body is better than your real self-image, then you will sabotage yourself back to your old weight . . . guaranteed! This is why 95% of dieters FAIL again and again and gain all the weight back after 6 months. This is why it’s futile to go on a diet without addressing your emotional health.
So the nutrition clients led me to becoming a Be More Extraordinary *Magician*. The powerful, deep and lasting transformation I guide you get unstuck and unleashed are inspired by professional trainings in Internal Family Systems modality of healing and self-leadership and Neuro-Linguistics Programming (NLP).
Why am I so passionate about my work?
Because this IS my spiritual calling. I was given the gifts of my wounds so that I can heal from them and become ALIVE. So my j-o-b is to help you come home to your true self so that you can shine brilliantly as the real you instead of the version others expect of you. Additionally,
- I am sick and tired of watching people live ordinary lives when they can be extraordinary.
- I am sick and tired of watching people charge up their debt-ridden credit cards HOPING that the next diet or the next possession (or the next love of their life) is finally going to make them happy, whole and fulfilled.
- I am sick and tired of watching people keep their dreams tucked in a sock drawer, dying with a song still inside of them, saying “Someday . . . when I’m thinner, happier and richer . . .”
I’m here to help you erase your fears and get out of your own way so you can rise to the top and be one of the game-changing superstars that are alive and actualized.
Education and Career:
- B.S. in Nutrition from Cornell University (1984)
- Holistic Nutrition training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- 27-year award-winning career marketing Pfizer’s blockbuster pharmaceuticals including Lipitor, Viagra, Z-Pak, Zoloft, Xanax, Pristiq, Zyrtec, Aricept, Lyrica, etc.
- Professional trainings in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Professional trainings in evidence-based Internal Family Systems modality of psycho-spiritual healing and self-leadership
Sweet Spot of Passions and Life’s Mission is in the Intersection of:
- Self-Image Psychology
This means I am the *Magician* that is passionate about transforming you into the best version of you from the inside-out, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I guide you erase your negative self-talk and get out of your own way so that you can materialize the life you’ve always dreamed about and be able to leave a lasting legacy.
I was interviewed by Aaron Kennard of Truly Amazing Life, where I share my story.
Some Personal Fun Facts:
- I am devotee of Bikram Yoga (yoga in 105 degrees). It relieves stress, cures my back pains from sitting all day in front of the computer. I get creative in class and get all kinds of downloads for how I want to make a difference in this world.
- I like out-of-the-box adventures. Such as climbing up a 20 ft. wobbly telephone pole (blind-folded) and jumped off of it during an “Outdoor Thrills and Skills” course. It was the scariest and most exhilarating thing I have ever done.
- I love going to personal development conferences.
- I love being a portrait photographer where I help bring out the most attractive version of my friends.
- I met my husband Rick, an architect, on the tennis court. We’ve been married 27 years.
- My son Jason, a Tufts University graduate, is a music composer and producer, sound designer, guitarist and pianist and aspiring drummer.